Work and Lupus

biologybunnybiologybunny Member New Member
edited September 13 in Symptoms
Hi everyone, 

I have heard that every case is different, however I am wondering how many people with lupus work? Have you found any healthcare - science specific occupations that work well with lupus? How do you work with lupus or do you not? If you do not work, when did you know it was time to quit working?

Thank you for all of the support and comments!
Tagged:

Comments

• AdrianaDSAdrianaDS Member New Member
    Hi! I am quite ambitious, so I did law school while I worked at a law firm. I just graduated and have been working full time since June. It's not been easy but I love my job. I have some issues with the light but asked to be changed to another desk and have been good. The thing I need to keep reminding myself is not to stress (most of the times it doesn't work because of the nature of my job but I do what I can :)). I guess you should listen to your body and make the decision in this regard.
  • Purplefaith13Purplefaith13 Member New Member
    Definitely every case is different.  Lupus for 20yrs..
    Diagnosed in college.. I have worked as a RN for 17yrs...  Poor immune system and sick people...imagine that.. But the disease force you to learn your body, listen to your body...it doesn't lie..when it say no... It means it..  I have had times where I had to leave jobs due to stress...stress equals FLARE..   As I got older, I learned to put my health first... I now work in an office.. Still,treating patients just over the phone☺.  Learnyourself!