Doubting Friends

MLMMLM Member New Member
How do you convince friends that while you look fine, you feel sick. And that while you want to be there for them, sometimes  you just can't.

Comments

• Mondm1Mondm1 Member New Member
    Taking your friends and family to a lupus event or support group meeting could help them understand what you are going through. Hearing other people talk about their ordeals can help them realize what living with lupus can be like. Good luck!
  • marivanmarivan Member New Member
    If they don't want to attend these meetings or support groups, then just refer them to this site. Maybe that will help? I wish you the very best.
  • Giggles0484Giggles0484 Member New Member
    What I find helpful is sending them YouTube videos on people talking about Lupus and  how it affects them /us and sometimes that helps them to see Lupus is more then what you see on the outside.
  • EMEM Member New Member
    Marivan, I agree with you, letting them know that they can attend a support group will be good, they will be able to learn more about how others are living with Lupus, ways they can help or simply learn a bit more about Lupus. If they do not want to attend a support group, this  forum is a great way to get information and support. 
  • esgegaesgega Member New Member
    MLM said:
    How do you convince friends that while you look fine, you feel sick. And that while you want to be there for them, sometimes  you just can't.
    If you have to convince them they aren't friends