Introduce myself, I’m new.

slippbakkslippbakk Member New Member
Hi all! 
I’m a 47 year old mom to three boys. 10 years ago I went through the ringer with doctors trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Had a bad case of pleurisy. Doctors landed on Sjögren’s syndrome and that was that. 

I finally found a new rheumatologist and she informed me that I have all the markers for lupus. And now here I sit suffering from the same symptoms I did ten years ago. I guess we’d call that a flare up. I had a good run with no pain. But here we are. Deep breaths are painful and a potential sneeze is agonizing yay for allergy season!! Jk.

Anyhoo, found my way here. Not super positive I have a definite diagnosis of lupus. Pleurisy is my one and only symptom. Unless I can blame my laziness on being tired all the time. but this seems to be the right place for me to be. 

Comments

• lilliputlilliput Member New Member
    Hi, I,too, am new. I believe I have pleurisy now along with IGD a rare form indicator of lupus. No fun,huh? Did your rheumatologist prescribe any meds? i.e prednisone, Plaquenil. methotrexate? Which tests were done? Wishing you more insight and better monitoring and solutions. Doezs anybody come to these sites,I wonder.