Knee Pain

emsylou92emsylou92 Member New Member
I was diagnosed with Lupus in the 24/12/2019. I was put on 6 weeks of prednisone, unfortunately the symptoms did not get better so I am on prednisone for 6 months. My symptoms are skin flair, fatigue and brain fog.

Last night I woke to extreme pain in both of my knees that kept me up throughout the night, it felt as if my legs had seized up and was very painful, the pain then stopped 6 hours later. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Also 6 months of prednisone seems like a long time, has anyone else been on prednisone long term and did they cause you negative side affects? 

Comments

• merrymerry Member New Member
    I cried all the time
  • tenilletenille Member New Member
    I have knee pain a lot but I chalked it up to be arthritis before I was diagnosed with lupus. 
  • helenschramahelenschrama Member New Member
    I have knee pain too that I also thought was arthritis before lupus
  • Mvallen37Mvallen37 Member New Member
    I was diagnosed in 2010 and I've been on prednisone for up to 6 months to get my symptoms under control. It always causes me facial acne, increased appetite and insomnia. The brain fog and fatigue for me came along with the lupus. I have knee pain that can be attributed to my weight, but I can tell when it's my lupus because my knees usually feels warm and are swollen. I have Peripheral Neuropathy due to my lupus which causes nerve pain in my legs, so I'm not sure which you are having, but definitely follow up with your Rheumatologist or a Neurologist. I hope this helps.