Depression

isisliconaisislicona New MemberMember New Member
A little background about myself;
My name is Isis Licona, I’m 19 and from Florida. I was diagnosed with lupus quite  recently (thanksgiving eve 2018) but had symptoms before and they were all ignored and pushed back. Before the symptoms started I had a fairly decent health. Suddenly all that great health ended, it started with what the doctor called just a “stomach virus/infection” Where I end up vomiting for 2 weeks straight, mind I went to the dr after the second day, besides throwing up, my legs and arm were stiff. My joints swollen. I was in recovery for 2 months after that, I started feeling better ish, and all of the sudden back again with the swollen and stiff body just now I couldn’t even turn my neck without crying, I went to a different ER, doctor saw my lymph nodes were swollen had me for 3 days, told me I got lupus. 

Anyways ever since I got symptoms I have experienced that even though I’m “doing better” I still feel like I’m not and some people make me feel like I’m just lazy. When I compare myself to “myself before lupus” I feel awful. I have been experiencing a lot of depression and feeling like I isolate myself from everyone else? Even if it’s no voluntary, has this happened to someone else? Is it common? If so how do you cop with it? 
Tagged: