Itchy, dry, feverish red rash

dana1981dana1981 New MemberMember New Member
Hi, I have had lupus for 4 years now.. It started with lots of inflammation, then blariness and now I still have those symptoms plus a bad itchy- irritable red rash that is so hot and embarrassing. I have tried everything I can think of to treat it but was not successful. I am to embarrass to go anywhere. It is ruining my life. I dont do anything with my kids. I miss out on all their activities. I dont know what to do.. If there is someone that is going through with this and has succeed please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Answers

• dtruth101dtruth101 New Member Member New Member
    Hi Dana. I have been using a few things to help and try Aveeno eczema therapy cream. It does help to a certain degree. I don’t like steroid creams so I am trying otc items to limit side effects 
  • fayeellis56fayeellis56 New Member Member New Member
    Aveeno is good for my skin and I use it all the time. But last summer I broke out in a severe rash on half of my body. It was unbearable. The dermatologist gave me all these expensive tubes of creams and steroids. It took 2 months to clear up. I was isolated from friends and family.
  • KellyJoTnKellyJoTn New Member Member New Member
    dana1981 said:
    Hi, I have had lupus for 4 years now.. It started with lots of inflammation, then blariness and now I still have those symptoms plus a bad itchy- irritable red rash that is so hot and embarrassing. I have tried everything I can think of to treat it but was not successful. I am to embarrass to go anywhere. It is ruining my life. I dont do anything with my kids. I miss out on all their activities. I dont know what to do.. If there is someone that is going through with this and has succeed please let me know what I am doing wrong.
    I went though the same issues. Missed more than my share of my kids sporting events. I did my very best it it was a “HOME” game etc. idk now, I thought I was going though Menopause 10+ years ago. Hot flushes etc. and itch barely and it welped up like something awful. Well I am on my 2 nd month of hormones and stuff because those hot flashes and etc. was indeed that mixed with a premature menopause from the lupus. So, I don’t know how old you are but, I just turned 45 I guess it was like 11-12 ish years ago it started. Hope that helps some. They had to wrap my hands in that blue stuff creams for burns because I’d itch and barely rub it and a bunch of what at the time I didn’t know what it was. So, of course I’d pick at the bubbles filled with clear liquid stuff . It was tops of both hands and particle was sun damage being I was on a boat sun up to down fishing.they literally thought I was burnt on my hands so anyone else who reads don’t pick! I lather evert day even just in my house 100+ protection. I’ve been though it all it seems. 🤬🤔🤗 But, I’ve been having a hard time with all this at least 10 years and I feel like I lost so much of my life with worries over this and that.... I’ve been trying Day by Day to learn to live this new Lupus life and it sucks! No sugar coating here. It’s shown me who my true friends are and WE ALL HAVE TO remember how hard it’s been it probably always will be able to accept  ourselves much less our loved ones. I won’t lie my spouse of 18 years. At first had issues because neither of us were educated on it. I educate myself and he’s done some as well. He knows but still has his moments. He’ll have times I think he’s just tired of me and Not being able to get up and go like before. So I have to remind myself that. He loves me. We’ve been tested literally every bad thing you can face and came though it. One, when I first started searching online years back it was all negative and made me 2nd look at my life? All these women were complaining of there other halves leaving them and or cheating etc. I can’t handle stress well, never was one to. So, he has made sure I am taken care of although I WISH THIS CRAP HAD A CURE. So I can remember what I felt like healthy.